Thursday, October 2, 2014

Too Delicious

I have been a vegan for one month now, which has given me plenty of time to learn a thing or two about vegan cooking and baking. Along with the recipes I have tried, I have found a few great vegan recipe blogs that I am sure I will be spending a lot of time scrolling through in the future.

I have designed a three-course meal combination with my favorite recipes thus far, which I am sure vegans and non-vegans alike would enjoy!

For the appetizer...

Tempeh BLT Wraps
http://www.moreveganblog.com/2014/03/06/tempeh-blt-wraps/

The idea of eating lettuce filled with more healthy food may turn you off to the idea that vegan foods can be incredibly delicious in every sense of the phrase. But honestly, these Tempeh BLT Wraps from MORE. are incredibly delicious.
I found tempeh bacon at my local Meijer, and followed the recipe as directed. This is a very quick and easy appetizer to prepare, and there is so much flavor in every bite. I give this recipe a 3 out of 5.

For the main course...

Vegan fettuccine alfredo?! I couldn't believe it.
I am obsessed with fettuccine alfredo, but sadly, it is not vegan. So like every craving I have, I simply find a vegan substitute for the foods I love.
A second vegan food blog I love is Oh She Glows. The blog does not allow me to post pictures from their site, so if you would like to see how my dinner turned out, visit the link below.
I give this dish a 4 out of 5 because it was creamy as promised, but I suggest adding strips of a veggie patty or vegetables to add to this great dish.

http://ohsheglows.com/2014/01/20/cauli-power-fettuccine-alfredo-vegan/

For dessert...


Vegan Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecakes! 9 ingredients, SO creamy and perfectly salty-sweet! Perfect for summer birthdays or partieshttp://minimalistbaker.com/no-bake-peanut-butter-cup-cheesecakes/

My oh my, these Vegan Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecakes are to-die-for! I am the only one in my family who is a vegan and I'm fairly certain I had only gotten the chance to eat two before they had "mysteriously" disappeared.
This recipe is straight-forward and comes from another blog I love, Minimalist Baker. Instead of buying the mini peanut butter cups, I used crushed Oreos and they were still delicious. I give this dessert 4 out of 5 stars because they were incredibly addicting, but probably would have been better with the peanut butter cups.

CW


No comments:

Post a Comment